A-157 is a trigger sequencer subsystem that is used to generate up to eight trigger signals controlled by a 8x16 LED/button matrix.
The LED/button matrix module A-157-1 is the core of the subsystem. It is used to set or reset the trigger event on each of the 16 steps of each of the 8 rows.
The trigger output module A-157-2 outputs the 8 trigger signals and has an LED display for each trigger. We will probably add a mute button or mute switch for each row that allows to turn the trigger output off/on independent for each row.
In the final version the modules A-157-1 and A-157-2 will be probably merged into one module only because both modules are essential for the subsystem.
A-157 features currently implemented:
• eight tracks of up to 16 steps each
• step programming using matrix grid, or real-time programming
• shifting selected tracks step-by-step
• invert and copy functions for quick track creation
• individual number of steps for each track for creating polyrhythms or odd time signatures
• four different playback modes for each track (forward / backwards / pendulum / random)
• track mute
• each active step puts out a +12V trigger via A-157-2 trigger output module. In the nal version, trigger levels will be programmable individually for each step.
• start / stop / reset / clock (shifting step-by-step) functions can be controlled manually or remotely, using the A-157-3 control input module